This Double Chocolate Brownie Winter Forest ice cream cake is sure to turn heads and create lots of 'ooooooos' & 'ahhhhhhs' as you unveil it at the dining table for dessert this Winter. Featuring our silky smooth Belgian milk chocolate ice cream enriched with soft chocolate brownie truffle pieces, this is one recipe you certainly won't want to miss over the festive season!
Have a go and tag us in your creations: @oppobrothers & #GoodTemptation
WINTER FOREST ICE CREAM CAKE WITH OPPO BROTHERS ICE CREAM
- 200g self raising flour
- 150g coconut palm sugar (or caster sugar)
- 250ml of non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp of cider vinegar
- 80ml of olive oil
- 48g of shredded coconut
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
1 tub of Oppo Brothers Double Chocolate Brownie ice cream
- 200g non-dairy stick butter (or regular butter)
- 250g icing sugar
- Desiccated coconut to decorate
- Icing sugar
- Pomegranate seeds
- Star anise
- Cookies / biscuits of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line two loose bottom cake tins with baking paper. 6 inch cake tins work well for this recipe.
- Combine your milk and cider vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes to allow this to thicken and curdle.
- Meanwhile, combine all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and roughly mix together.
- Pour in your milk mixture and olive oil and fold the wet and dry ingredients together to form a smooth batter. Stir in the shredded coconut and chopped pistachios.
- Divide this mixture evenly between your two cake tins and pop into the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow your cakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, remove your Oppo Brothers Double Chocolate Brownie ice cream tub from the freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes or when it's nice and spreadable.
- Spread a thick layer of ice cream over one of the cakes and sandwich the second one on top. Handy tip: create a collar using tin foil to prevent any ice cream from spilling out.
- Pop your cake into the freezer for 2 hours or until the ice cream has firmed up.
- For the frosting, beat together the butter and icing sugar to create a creamy frosting.
- Cover your entire cake with the butter cream and sprinkle desiccated coconut all over for a snowy effect.
- Decorate your cake with cranberries, pomegranate seeds, star anise, cookies / biscuits or anything your heart desires.
- Sit back and watch the reactions as you serve your show-stopping ice cream cake.
- Enjoy your #GoodTemptation
Recipe & Imagery by @charleyshealth 📷
Famous for flavour, not calories.